Danaca Design offers two options beyond scheduled classes:
Mentored Independent Study and Private Instruction.
Mentored Independent Study
Mentored Independent Study Join a mentored independent study group to learn new skills in a consistently supportive environment. With instructor guidance, these on-going classes allow independent study students to explore a wide range of projects. Class-time can be used to both game-plan and work; demonstrations are tailored specifically to the current class. This is an excellent opportunity to tackle a challenging project that you may need feedback on or technical advice to execute. Basic metal working skills required. Each section is five weeks; drop-in also welcome.* Classes are offered both mornings and evenings.
- Tuesday Evening: 6:00-9:00
- Instructor: Juan Reyes
- Thursday Morning: 10:00-1:00
- Instructor: Dana Cassara
- Please see current class schedule
- *Class fee: $12/hour for 3-6 consecutive weeks, prepaid; $20/hour to drop-in
- $150/12 hour prepaid punch cards are available
- Enrolled students have space priority and free access to practice hours*
- Punch cards do not provide access to practice hours.
One-on-one classes in basic jewelry fabrication as well as specialized techniques can be arranged through the Metal Crafting Center. We have a host of experienced instructors available to work with all levels. Rates vary hourly, depending upon instructor and arrangement. Scheduling is essential but very flexible. If you have a question regarding private lessons, please contact Dana.